An extension has been announced for the QBCC combustible cladding deadlines. Parts 2 and 3a have been changed.
At SSKB we have been working hard and engaging industry professionals to meet the original deadlines. For some committees it is a breath of fresh air to hear news that the time frame has extended.
The updated deadlines for Part 2 and 3a are as follows:
Part 2: extend from 29 May 2019 to 31 July 2019
The steps for Part 2 are as follows:
- Engage a building industry professional
- Complete the combustible cladding checklist (part 2)
- Upload the signed and witnessed checklist and building industry professional statement
Part 3a: extend from 27 August 2019 to 31 October 2019
The steps for Part 3a are as follows:
- Engage a fire engineer
- Register the fire engineer’s details
The deadline for Part 3b remains unchanged with the date of 3 May 2021.
The extension will allow building owners and bodies corporate an extended period to allow for quotes to be obtained and meetings held to approve the engagement of appropriate contractors.
Regardless of any previously submitted extensions, the new extended deadlines applies to all building owners.
Engaging of Consultants.
The number of consultants offering technical services in combustible cladding compliance has grown in response to the new QBCC legislation. We recognise that the cost of consultants is at the front of everyone’s minds when committees are tackling this unplanned issue for building owners. We advise that committees should also be concerned that the consultants you appoint are suitably qualified and insured to deliver the service and cover your risks during this process. The use of suitably qualified and insured consultants can protect you from any potential later liability.
We suggest that all appointed consultants must be able to:
- evidence their license of registration with QBCC.
- provide a copy of their Professional Indemnity insurance (PI) that clearly states cover for services regarding combustible cladding
- offer PI insurance limit that is sufficient for the potential project value
Please contact your community manager directly if you require further information about the cladding deadlines. Click here to contact SSKB today.